A Houston Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Claims for property damage are usually more easily settled than those for personal injury. Property damage can include the following:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Damage to other personal belongings during the accident
- Towing costs and storage fees
- Any necessary appraisals
- Public or private property damage
- Body shop repairs
- Replacement costs
A Houston car accident lawyer can help you make sure that all your property damage is covered. There are several ways your property damage claims can get paid. In the best-case scenario, the accident was fully the other party’s fault and his insurance company will pay for all your damages. Unfortunately, things are hardly ever this simple. Liability may be disputed, or you may not agree with the amounts the insurance company wants to pay. The fate of your car may also depend on whether the insurance company finds that your car is repairable or totaled.
You may also turn to your insurance policy if you have comprehensive or collision coverage. To read more about the different types of insurance coverage available in Texas, click here.
This is when a Houston car accident lawyer can help you and make sure you are compensated fully and promptly. The facts of any particular case are rarely straightforward enough to make it easy for you to handle on your own.
Personal Injury Damages
Personal injury damages are much more difficult to negotiate and settle upon. A Houston car accident lawyer can assess your case, determine which damages you should be entitled to, and fight for compensation from all potential sources.
The following are some of the types of personal injury damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses: including doctor, hospital, and emergency room visits; any tests or therapies that may be prescribed; ambulance services, etc.
- Future medical expenses: costs of continued care that will be necessary
- Pain and suffering: the amount will be determined by taking into account severity and duration of pain
- Mental Anguish: mental and emotional distress related to the car accident may be recoverable, including grief, shock, etc.
- Lost Wages: the amount you would have earned during the day you were unable to work because of the accident
- Loss of Earning Capacity: recoverable if you can prove that your earning capacity has been affected by your accident
- Loss of Consortium: the value of benefits of married life that your spouse lost because of your injuries in the accident
As you can see, there are many categories of personal injury damages that are recoverable, but it can be challenging to prove them adequately enough to recover them. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, it is critical that you retain a Houston car accident lawyer to represent you. An experienced accident lawyer can ensure that you will be able to craft the right strategy to get you compensated for the full extent of your injuries.
Contact a Houston Car Accident Lawyer Today
A car accident can leave anyone feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. In the blink of an eye, you may be left out of work, with mounting bills and dealing with unhelpful insurance adjusters.
A Houston accident lawyer from Kirkendall Dwyer LLP knows that this is a difficult time, and will be able to help you with every aspect of your recovery. Give yourself the best chance.